What I Do
I fell into wood-burning by pure chance wanting to design my own wood-beads for macrame and before I knew it, it has taken over my world!
What’s a girl to do when she finds herself pregnant with too much time on her hands, well she picks up a crochet hook, some bedspread yarn, and starts to crochet.
What started with doodling while watching my son recover from his liver transplant, morphed into the occasional painting.
Speaking of coloring pages – Mental Health is super important to me and when my son was hospitalized for a long period of time, I started to doodle, and then I started to create coloring pages.
And sometimes creating jewelry is just the kind of distraction one needs to get re-inspired by this thing called life.
A Rebel Handmade
Introverted Rebel, Artist, Author, Teacher + Coach, Doer of things, and a mom to 3 boys – one with some extra needs that have forever changed my life.
I get a gazillion ideas all the time and I follow the ones that light me up, get me giddy on the inside, and beg me to make them happen.
Sometimes that looks like creating a coloring book with a theme, a pyrography series or a painting collection, or something personal development related – like My Rebel Year.
I do things cause I want to do them – and that also meant earning a degree in computer system administration, accounting, and mental health counseling. I am currently working on a Phd in metaphysics.
In a world that teaches us to focus on one thing to be successful, I want to explore and live and do things that interest me, inspire me and motivate me to be my best self in any given moment and that can look a little crazy at times.
I want to have the cake and eat it too because it’s no fun just looking at the cake. It’s actually quite sad if you think about it. I believe that you can be, do and have what you want and make it happen in ways that feel true to you and to who you are. There isn’t just one way to live life!
And no one has taught me that more than my youngest son who was diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder (urea cycle disorder CPS1) that almost cost him his life – followed by three liver transplants that shook me to my core and changed everything I thought I knew about life.
Because before all of that happened, I was a foster kid, an immigrant, single parent trying to find my footing in this world that tells us to fit so that we are liked, supported, and appreciated.
Everything by Hand by me
Interviews I've done
- The Empire Method – Step out of the past with Power
- Robert Plank Show – Take Inspired Action and Use Boundaries to Create More Freedom with Petra Monaco
- Lady Boss Blogger – Rise Above The Stories You Tell Yourself And Go After Your Dreams
- Victorious Woman Contest – First Place Winner
- Dear Mom Community – Life Coaching
- Achiever’s Mind – Single Parenting Transformational Life Coaching
- Change starts Within – Interviewed by Linda Vettrus-Nichols
- Conversations with Wendy: Petra Monaco Interview April 2015
- Never Give Up Hope with Carol Graham – Dream.Believe.Take Action.
- Business Creator Radio Show – Turn Self-Doubt & Frustration into a life you love
- 12 Min Convos with Engel Jones – Episode 924
- ThriveBeat – Kick Self-Doubt to the Curb
- 12 Min RV Convos with Engel Jones – Episode 29
Some other random fun facts about me:
- I am an all-boys mom and an all-girls Oma (grandmother in German) (at the time of this writing)
- I am musically trained – from understanding music theory, reading notes, and playing classical music on a recorder
- I immigrated to the USA from Germany at 18 with an 8 months old baby barely speaking English
- I am self-taught in all of the art that I do by watching videos and practicing
- I wanted to be a famous singer or actor growing up and while none of that happened, I was an extra in a movie and music video for a local band
- I love coffee and can’t go without – and yes I am totally addicted and well I guess that’s better than some other drug
- I love music and my favorite genre at punk rock + heavy metal anythings else make me want to run – unless it’s my bestie with her killer voice
- I earned my Master’s Degree while my son was in the ICU recovering from his liver transplant holding vigil as he was healing
- I am the Founder of The Rebels Den where I help people follow their dreams + focus on their goals
- Grew up in Foster Care since age 2 and dealt with feelings of worthiness, being enough and deserving of a good life. I rewrote the story from reject to success.
- Immigrated to a country I knew nothing about nor did I speak English at 18 with an 8 months old baby. Handled culture shock + judgments with a smile on my face.
- Lived a life from paycheck to paycheck frustrated for not finding a break or winning the lottery to be the answer to my problems. Discovered I am the answer to my problems and became my solution.
- Dreamer, who was told that I couldn’t have the cake and eat it too. My dream? To make art, to write + to help people, and make money. And this is exactly what I do these days so that cake looks mighty good and it’s yummy too!
- I know what it’s like to make excuses for not writing that book, launching that business, or trusting your intuition to not walk down the aisle.
- My intuition taught me a lesson and helped me keep my son alive for 4 years with an undiagnosed genetic disorder and the day of his diagnosis I decided to ditch all of my excuses.