Do you love Spinach Artichoke Dip? It’s one of my favorites when we go out to dinner and now you can make your own dip right at home for that weekend family night.
Warm Spinach Artichoke Dip with Toasted Corn Tortilla ChipCourse: Snacks
3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
10-12 small gluten-free corn tortillas, cut into 8 wedges each
½ t. garlic powder
Sea salt, to taste
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
5 c. fresh spinach, long stems removed and roughly chopped
2 T. fresh basil, chopped
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 14.5 oz. jar artichokes, packed in water, drained and chopped
1/3 c. full-fat sour cream
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
¼ c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
¾ c. Mozzarella cheese, divide
- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease a medium baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil and set aside.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat. Arrange the corn tortilla wedges on the prepared baking sheet without overcrowding. Sprinkle both sides with garlic powder and sea salt, to taste, and place in a preheated oven. Bake until crispy and golden brown, approximately 8-10 minutes, before removing from oven. For best results, stir tortilla chips once halfway through baking.
- While the tortilla chips are baking, heat remaining olive oil and minced garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chopped spinach and basil and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach wilts, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer wilted spinach mixture to a large bowl and add chopped artichokes, sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, and ½ cup Mozzarella cheese. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer spinach-artichoke mixture to a prepared baking dish and spread into a uniform layer. Top with remaining Mozzarella cheese and place in the preheated oven until heated through and cheese on top starts to turn golden brown, approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately with toasted tortilla chips. Enjoy