I’m incredibly partial to German Pancakes but even these cream cheese pancakes are a solid breakfast to have! The batter for this recipe is relatively thin (similar to German Pancakes and Crepes), so you may find smaller pancakes easier to flip.
Cream Cheese Pancakes with Fresh BerriesCourse: Breakfast
8 oz. cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
6 large eggs
½ t. ground cinnamon
1 t. real vanilla extract
3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 c. fresh blueberries
1 c. fresh strawberries, sliced
2 T. powdered monk fruit (optional)
Real maple syrup, to serve
- Add cream cheese, eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla extract to a high-powered blender. Cover and blend on high until completely smooth.
- Heat a cast-iron griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add ½ tablespoon olive oil to the griddle and spread around with a rubber spatula.
- Pour 3 small pancakes onto the griddle (approximately 2-3 tablespoons each), leaving enough space in between so they don’t run together. Cook until the edges just begin to turn brown and the pancakes are set approximately 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully flip each pancake and continue cooking for another 1-2 minutes or just until golden brown on the bottom. Transfer cooked pancakes to a platter and keep warm. Repeat this process with the remaining olive oil until all batter is cooked.
- To serve, divide the pancakes among individual serving plates and top with fresh berries, a sprinkle of powdered monk fruit, if desired, and some real maple syrup. Enjoy!