My partner loves peanut butter, like mad. I am one of those that has to be in the mood for it. These Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies go great with a glass of milk!
Chunky Peanut Butter CookiesCourse: Snacks, Cookies
1 c. unsalted butter
2½ c. all-purpose flour
1½ t. baking soda
1 c. unsalted peanuts, divided
1 t. baking powder
2 t. real vanilla extract
2 large eggs
½ c. granulated sugar
1½ c. light brown sugar
1½ c. chunky peanut butter
- Place the top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 375°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat and set aside.
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowls. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix to combine.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and 2/3 cup unsalted peanuts. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Transfer dough to the refrigerator and chill for one hour.
- Once chilled, divide the dough into equal-sized balls and arrange on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each ball. Press the dough down with a fork in a crisscross fashion to flatten. Add remaining chopped peanuts to the top of the cookies and press the peanuts down into them.
- Place the baking sheets into the pre-heated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on top and cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies sit for 2-3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool before serving. Enjoy!