Warmer weather is around the corner and I can already see the gravitation towards lemonade.
Passion Tea LemonadeCourse: Drinks
5¼ c. water, divided
4 Tazo® Passion® tea bags
¼ c. sugar
4” piece lemongrass, finely chopped
2 small cinnamon sticks
½ c. fresh lemon juice
Ice, to serve
- Garnish: (optional)
Fresh lemon slices
Sprigs of fresh mint
- Bring four cups water to a rapid bowl in a teapot or saucepan. Remove from heat and add tea bags. Allow tea bags to steep for several minutes before discarding.
- To prepare the infused simple syrup, combine a quarter cup water, sugar, lemongrass, and cinnamon sticks in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is heated through and starts to thicken, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour through a fine mesh strainer to separate the solids from the liquid. Discard solids and set the remaining simple syrup aside to cool.
- Combine the brewed tea, lemon juice, and remaining cup of water in a large pitcher. Add infused simple syrup, to taste, and stir to combine.
- To serve, fill four chilled glasses with ice before adding the sweetened iced tea mixture. Garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of fresh mint, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!