Lennon is doing well. After the procedure there appeared to be a kink in the tube on the inside that they had to fix yesterday. Overnight they ran Pedialyte in 10ml increments every two hours and by this morning he was back to the ‘normal’ rate of 80 MLS/an hour.

This morning they are giving him a diluted version of his peptamin jr. to see how he tolerates it. In about an hour or so we will be going home as he is doing very well.  

The care he requires for the next two months is going to be incredibly big. He has the tube out of his stomach probably about 12 inches if not more out of his belly. Once it is healed up i.e. the skin around his tube, the doctors will reevaluate to see if they can shorten it for merely cosmetic purposes and that it is not dangling from his belly.  

Lennon will be 6 years old on the 24th and it is worth celebrating..well it would be anyway…but he has had some major accomplishments. I was planning on having his party at a local park but have not found one that is not booked for the day (27th). If I can’t find a park…perhaps somewhere in our town will be ok..or if all else fails ..at our home.  

In the meantime, we will also be celebrating my oldest’s birthday…17 years old… and just yesterday I changed his diaper so it seems. He opted not to go to King’s Dominion, but rather go fishing….so we will have a fishing outing/hiking thing going on..as I don’t fish but I love the outdoors.  

Similar Posts


  1. I am so glad to hear that everything has gone so well with this surgery. It is so wonderful to see something go "normal" for Lennon for once.One recommendation I would have with regards the tube that he has hanging out (they've probably already done this, but just in case) is to have it taped down to his stomach if possible. I'm trying to look if we ever had a picture of how we taped James' down, but I can't find one. We would make a loose "loop" and then tape it to his belly, that way if he ever got it stuck on something and pulled (which happened often enough even though he was very good at understanding that he had to be careful) usually it was just tugged on the tape – enough to hurt and tell him to stop – and at worst it pulled the tape lose … but at least we never had it that it actually pulled the tube out. Now mind you the tube they put in initially had an actual steel/metal ring (not a deflateable balloon as many do) and he had to be put asleep to pull it out and replace it with a Mic-Key (how wonderful that was). When we put the tape on we would wrap it around the tube and have the tape meet and be good and stuck together for a small section, then we would take the excess length and tape it to his stomach This way you know that tube is good and taped and don't have to worry about it slipping back and forth along his skin. (Does that make sense? I'm not very good at explaining, I can try take a picture of what I'm saying and send it to you if you want) I'm not sure what kind of tapes you are using but we found the Hypafix the absolute best. It comes in various sizes and it hypoallergenic, considered a low allergy dressing tape. We found it amazing for sticking good, water resistent, not irritating the skin, but also coming off relatively easy (as far as tapes go) without leaving a sticky mess.Anyways that's my thoughts for the momment. Hope things continue to go well and that you will be able to throughly enjoy his birthday next week!!Love the picture, great to see a picture of the boy we've been thinking of, reading about, praying for,etc.

  2. I'm sorry I did not get to say "goodbye" today at the hospital! I am very happy for Lennon and excited that he will soon enjoy his 6th birthday celebration!!All my very best to you, Lennon, and your family, Kelly Brown

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.