I was laying in bed last night and thinking about my journey for the last 20 years and it made me think about the Law of Attraction and other facts. When I started my journey, I didn’t even know what the Law of Attraction meant and if you are ready to change your life, you may not know what it means either.
The Law of Attraction simply means that you will acquire and achieve, as well as be provided with that of which of you focus on. But when you are in the middle of chaos and ready to lose your own sanity, it can be more than challenging to believe that your life can be anything different than what it is right now.
And there can be a lot of confusion around the Law of Attraction because some may understand it as such that you want to win the lottery and you will then without a doubt win it. But that isn’t really how it works. I am no expert at the Law of Attraction, I am however an expert at overcoming adversity and difficult moments in my life. And truthfully, it still feels confusing at times.
And what I have learned over the years that yes your thoughts that you hold matter and the Law of Attraction is about positivity but what I find challenging is that there are still shit days and you need to allow shit days to exist. My journey has always been about being real during the good, bad and the chaos.
Why would I recommend this? Because during the struggle and the frustration we often receive the most clarity about what we want to achieve in our life. When we are open to being objective and have the ability to look at it we can clearly see what isn’t working and that some changes need to be made.
In addition, there’s the notion that just because you stay positive and focus on what you want that it will magically fall into your lap. Again this isn’t how any of it works. You are going to need to take action.
You can’t keep complaining about how shitty your life is when you want to improve your life. Instead, you want to get incredibly clear on what you want in your life, what that feels like when you achieve the life you want. This matters because you are going to need to set some goals, create new habits (such as stop complaining and embrace gratitude for what is) and decide what action would create the most impact right now in your life to move you forward to what you desire.
The moment you make a decision to either go back to school to improve your life financially or leave relationships behind because they drag you down is when your sanity will be questioned the most. It will ask you every single day: Do you really want this?
And it’s your job to say “Yes” every single day and keep showing up no matter how difficult it may be to delete this one friend you have been connected with for a seriously long time, to make the sacrifice to focus on your studies while perhaps missing out a little bit on your family time.
The ones that love you and support you, will get this and will not be jaded by this. They will cheer you on and encourage you to keep going no matter how bad the shit storm is going to be. Lean on them when you feel your sanity slipping, reach out for help when you don’t think you can go any longer.Changing your life requires dedication and a tremendous amount of self-discipline. Click To Tweet
The Law of Attraction can be confusing and I kinda get pissed off when people spew positivity only because I am sorry not every day is filled with rainbows, glitter, and sunshine. We need those days just as much as we need the good days.
What really matters is how we deal with them so we can keep out wits about it all. And this is where journaling can be super helpful and powerful. I journal to move forward and to let out all the crap that I may be holding on to. I never read them again because of this. It’s about releasing all the fears, doubts and frustration I am experiencing and then write about how I can course direct my path.
So how can you change your life while keeping your sanity?
- Know that this is a journey and that every experience has a purpose to learn and grow from.
- Get super clear on what you want your life to look and feel like.
- Journal (daily) to express how you feel, what’s frustrating you and ponder how you can move through this. You have the answer, you just need to trust yourself.
- Write about your vision every single day. It’s going to take your mind some time to believe that it is possible, especially if your experiences have shown you the opposite.
- Create goals that support what you want in your life and create an action plan.
- Create new habits that support you, your vision and your goals.
- Create a support network with people who support you unconditionally, and you already know who they are. Tell them what you are doing and how they can support you.
- People will think you are nuts and that your new life is possible.
- Stop complaining!
- Practice gratitude for what all the goodness in your life. You are breathing, that’s a good thing.
- Define the boundaries you need to create in your life to engage less in the negative space.
- Decide you are confident now, not later. You don’t need to achieve X in order to feel confident.
- Know that having an off day is not the same thing as living and breathing negativity.
- Read or listen to books and blogs about from people who have done what you are wanting to do.
- Invest in personal development through courses, coaches, and therapists. Again, tune into what feels good here. Not everyone wants a coach and not everyone needs a coach.
- Believe in yourself, your goals and that you can and without question will achieve the life you want.
- Take responsibility for your thoughts, feelings, and actions.
One of the things I realized early on is that I complained a lot about everything and I blamed my past for everything that was going on my life. No wonder I was frustrated and struggled to find my path for a really long time. But the moment I took responsibility and started my healing journey is the moment when things really started come together.No I didn’t have it all figured out, nor did I know what it looked like in the end, but you have to start somewhere if you are sick and tired of where you are.