I only promote products & services I know will help you in your life and business
I’m not wasting my time trying to be real for you, I’m real for me.
Through childhood experiences, I have learned to hide – hide myself, my feelings, my being. I have pretended to be happy on days where I am miserable because I didn’t want people to know what I was living with every day. I have lived behind being bullied as my parents didn’t want me and in turn have been the bully to others who appeared weak.
I have lost myself in trying to please each person around me, instead of pursuing and doing the things that make me happy. I have literally catered to others time and time again… just to be alone.
There is part of me that feels like “it doesn’t fit in” but why are we so hung up on to fit in. I clearly feel more like I am here to “stand out”. There is a slow progression towards finding the real me …
- the me who will hug a tree because without nature we are nothing
- the me that will tell another person when I have been hurt (instead of keeping it in)
- the me who clearly cares but is not afraid to speak her mind
- the me that follows her passion no matter the risks
- the me who embraces her spirituality in the realm of my paganism and I’m ok with losing people in my life because of it
- the me who no longer hides in the shadows because society, religion say it’s wrong – immoral blah blah blah
- the me who is respectful and open towards others who are real – no matter our differences
- the me who sticks with her beliefs of parenting no matter what others think/say
- the me that is aware of being afraid that willing to make changes
- the me that will stick up for friends and listen to the enemy
- the me who embraces the scales (I’m a Libra) and lives life balanced
There are a lot of ways to be real… these are just a few… it won’t be easy.
I’m a survivor of childhood sexual and physical abuse. I am a child of alcoholic parents who couldn’t handle raising a child. I’m a child of growing up in the system as a foster child. At times my mind will flow clearly while at other times its riddled with fragments. While I already know a lot about myself, the real struggle is sharing it with the public… and with people who know me…
One of my favorite songs is Charade – a tune that was part of Grease 2 – it is clear where I’ve been and where part of me still lives!
Productivity Planner Printable
Download the Productivity Planner to stay focused and create your best week, every week!