Last night I was listening to The Power of Vulnerability: Teachings of Authenticity, Connection, and Courage by Brene Brown and I learned a few things, just in the first 60 minutes.
We don’t make enough time and room for play.
Play is so crucial for our creativity and for living in the moment, and I totally understood what she meant when she mentioned that it seemed lost to her like she didn’t know what to do with it.
There was a time in my life where I was so focused on doing all the things and never making room for play but then I also realized that my creativity, my artwork, that is my play time.
Making room for pay helps you shift your mindset. So here are a few things you can do to help you have more room for play!
- Stay with your idea and harness the creativity rather than focusing on the outcome.
- There is no magic pill or secret formula to doing life – just do and be you.
- No one is like you. You may be able to relate to similar experiences but you are still you.
- Money does not dictate your worth but how you inspire yourself and others – priceless.
- Acting from love is so much better that acting from fear.
- Act from inspiration, not a to-do list that drags you down.
- Let go of all the fears and stories that are holding you back from creating what you want.
- Engage in play by reading, creating art, writing, singing, dancing, hiking – whatever excites your soul.
- Don’t look at fear as a bad thing, instead embrace it, allow it to happen and recognize where it stems from in the first place.
- Trust your intuition. This is your sacred navigational beacon so allow it to guide you.
Make your day, your life, fun and if it feels like a drag… well isn’t it time to shake things up?
*Post contains affiliate link