Journaling has become such a big part of my life and everyday routine. It wasn’t always this way and I really struggled to commit but at one point I decided I wanted this to change. So I set out to journal every day and just free write every morning. I call this dumping my brain and now I journal throughout the day just about anything that comes to my mind.
I know getting started can be tough because what the heck do you
write about right? Allow this journal prompts to guide on your journey. Journaling is useful for gaining insight into yourself, solving issues, gaining clarity and learning to express how you feel.
As you look at each prompt, do allow yourself to write the first thing that comes to mind. Use the prompts in order or jump around.
And if you are feeling brave enough use them for your blog inspiration!
1. What has flowed easily to you this past year?
2. What new things did you learn?
3. What are you grateful for? Make a list of 100 things!
4. What didn’t go so well this past year?
5. What would you like to let go of this year?
6. What do you dream about?
7. Imagine your dream is already a reality. What does it feel, taste and sound like?
8. What is the one thing you need to do to move your dream forward?
9. How will you commit yourself to you?
10. Describe a day in your life now.
11. describe a day in your ideal life.
12. How can you nurture yourself more?
13. Describe 5 traits you like about yourself.
14. How do you limit yourself?
15. Where would you like to be 3 months from now?
16. How do you see yourself?
17. Describe a situation in which you felt guilty that was not your fault. How does it show up now?
18. What causes you to procrastinate?
19. Write a letter to your inner child.
20. Write a letter to your 90-year old self.
21. What is your favorite quote and why?
22. When was the last time you felt helpless? What did you do about it?
23. How do you self-sabotage yourself?
24. List 5 things you have achieved in your life.
25. How do you respond to a crisis?
26. Describe something you learned that didn’t come easily to you.
27. Are you dreaming big enough?
28. What are your unspoken dreams?
29. Write about your pet peeve.
30. Describe your parents.
31. What have you learned from your mom?
32. What have you learned from your dad?
33. Recall a happy moment in your life. Describe it in detail.
34. Write about the saddest moment in your life.
35. Free write about the first thing that comes to mind.
36. You need to make a change in your life. Do you do it cold-turkey or pace yourself?
37. What does courage mean to you? When does it wane?
38. What things drain you?
39. Remembering what you wrote about draining you, how can you manage this better for yourself?
40. What do you value in your life?
41. What are the things that get you excited?
42. What is something you are putting up with?
43. What do you believe about money?
44. What does your intuition tell you?
45. What scares you the most?
46. What are you committing to change today?
47. What adventure would you like to take on?
48. Write about something you could do, but you don’t.
49. What is your biggest struggle?
50. What do you want to be known for?
51. What consumes your life?
52. What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned so far?
53. What do you believe about yourself and where did this belief come from?
54. What would a day without complaining look like?
55. What are your passions?
56. Do you have a mentor? What did you learn from them?
57. Write about 5 exciting things about yourself.
58. What was your first thought this morning?
59. What does success look like for you?
60. If money wasn’t an issue, what would you do?
61. What drives you?
62. What is a goal or dream you gave up on or put off?
63. What is frustrating you right now?
64. What is the principal guiding your life?
65. What was the last disagreement you had? Why? What was the outcome?
66. What is your comfort zone?
67. What is your favorite thing in your life right now?
68. What makes you feel safe? How do you know that you are safe?
69. What do you desire in your life right now?
70. How do you make decisions?
71. Name 5 favorite things.
72. What are you willing to give up in your life right now?
73. What would you do if you know you couldn’t fail?
73. What do success and failure mean to you?
74. Describe your ideal job.
75. Write about your ideal vacation.
76. When you were a child, what did you want to be when you were grown up?
77. What kind of friend are you?
78. What is your priority in life?
79. Who are the cheerleaders in your life?
80. How do you feel in a crowded room?
81. What was your most embarrassing moment in your life?
82. How do you communicate?
83. Are you a pessimist or an optimist?
84. What is a secret that no one knows?
85. What would it mean achieving your dream?
86. What do you like about other people?
87. What do you dislike about other people?
88. Where will you be 5 years from now?
89. What idea is in your head right now that needs exploring?
90. Who in your life knows you best?
91. What motivates you to take action?
92. How do you feel about love? What does in mean in your life?
93. What was the first sight, sound, smell and sensation you experienced getting up this
94. What was the most profound help you ever received?
95. How do you feel about receiving?
96. If you were to make a change, how would other’s react?
97. What was your wake-up call in life?
98. What is your highest achievement in life?
99. What will you do this week to embrace self-care?
100. What is your most destructive behavior?
101. What pleasures bring you joy in life?
102. How do you feel about sex? Write about the positive and negative.
103. What transition are you experiencing in life right now?
104. What opportunities are standing before you?
105. When in your life have you felt the strongest?
106. What old habits do you fall back on?
107. How has not living your dream impacted your life?
108. What is your attitude about others who appear successful?
109. How do you feel about being rich and wealthy?
110. What is your biggest challenge in your relationships?
111. How do you feel about conflict? What do you do?
112. When I say no to someone, I feel…?
113. How can you think different about an issue in your life right now?
114. What is the worst possible thing that could happen right now?
115. What is the best possible thing that could happen right now?
116. What life lesson would you like to pass on to others?
117. What lie have you told to someone?
118. Write about your favorite way to get lost in an activity.
119. What is your zone of genius?
120. What does normal mean to you?
121. Describe a personality trait you want to get rid off.
122. What is your mantra?
123. How do you feel about affirmations?
124. What old habits do you fall back on?
125. What compromises have you made?
126. Describe yourself as if you were writing a letter to someone who doesn’t know you.
127. Do you have your own sacred space?
128. Have you stayed in situations that you shouldn’t have?
129. Write about your typical day.
130. What causes you the most stress in your life?
131. What is your life do you need to let go of?
132. What habit would you like to have in your life?
133. Who are the people you reach out too when you need understanding and support?
134. Who is the most important person in your life right now?
135. Who is someone who is no longer in your life? Why? Would you want them in your life? 136. If you could spend the whole day pampering yourself, what would you do?
137. Do you still have some unfinished business you would like to take care of?
138. What impact have you had on someone?
139. Write a letter to someone you are angry with.
140. Write about your favorite memory.
141. What are your most empowering beliefs?
142. Are you living an authentic life?
143. What do you love about your life right now?
144. What was the most difficult time in your life? What did you learn?
145. What are your most limiting beliefs?
146. How do you feel about forgiveness?
147. Have you forgiven yourself for any events in your life?
148. Do you ever feel overwhelmed? What do you do to remove the overwhelm?
149. If you could spend a year in someone else’s shoes, who would that be? Why?
150. Do you agree or disagree that your thoughts become your reality?
151. What would be the first realistic step towards your dream?
152. What do you want to change?
153. When I look in the mirror, I see ….
154. If you could be a fly on the wall, when and where would that be?
155. Are you truly happy?
156. Do you keep your word to yourself?
157. How does fear show up in your life?
158. Do you feel like it’s too late to go after what it is you want?
159. Are you a sensitive person?
160. What is your relationship like with your parents?
161. Where do you want to live? Why? What can you do to make it happen?
162. How can you step out of your comfort zone?
163. What is your best advice to someone who is struggling right now?
164. How do you like to connect with people?
165. What do you do for fun?
166. What do you know about mindset?
167. What is something you always wanted to do but haven’t?
168. What is one experience that shaped you into who you are?
169. How are you different now than you were as a child?
170. What is your greatest achievement to date?
171. How do you limit yourself?
172. How is your life different from you imagined it?
173. What is the first thing you think about when you wake up?
174. What are you most grateful for?
175. What are your most positive attributes?
176. What makes you laugh the most?
177. Write about a time you laughed so hard you cried.
178. What do you think you should do in this life?
179. My closest friend is…
180. Free write about whatever comes to mind. Don’t hold back.
181. Who has had the most impact in your life?
182. What does journaling do for you?
183. How do you feel about love? Love at first sight?
184. Write about a place that you will never visit again. Why?
185. What bores you?
186. Do you show the world your true self?
187. Write about a time you were moved to tears.
188. Write about a time you stood out. How did that feel?
189. What is the nicest thing you’ve ever done for someone?
190. Are you on the right path?
191. What have you been putting off? Why?
192. Are you a spiritual person?
193. What do you believe is the secret of success?
194. Are you a funny person?
195. What is something you can’t live without?
196. How do you show gratitude?
197. Do you have boundaries in place? Why or Why not?
198. Describe an experience you thought was unfair.
199. Do you have any junk in your life that is ready to move on?
200. Do you believe in regrets? Why or Why not?
201. You get some amazing news. How do you respond? What do you do?
202. How do you feel about technology?
203. What’s the thing you fear the most? What would it take for you to do it anyway? 204. What drives you crazy?
205. When was a time you felt unsafe?
206. Do you have room for fun and play in your life?
207. Are you good at what you do?
208. What irrational fears do you hold onto?
209. How do you talk to yourself?
210. Write about the things you are grateful for in life.
211. You have 15 minutes of fame. What is your message to the world?
212. What is your learning style?
213. What causes you anxiety?
214. Write about something unexpected. What do you do?
215. Write about a time you flew into a rage.
216. Write about a time you did a random act of kindness.
217. Write about a time you felt guilty. How did you overcome this?
218. Write about a time you had a moment of clarity.
219. You’re a winner. What did you win?
220. What is the best idea you’ve ever had?
221. I believe in magic. Yes, Why? No, Why.
222. Do you have a plan? Do you need a plan?
223. Are you a worrier?
224. Nobody knows that I …
225. What’s the most outrageous thing you’ve ever done?
226. The most disappointed I’ve ever been….
227. Three things you want in a relationship.
228. If you had to evacuate your home, what would you bring? Why?
229. What is the dominant emotion in your life right now?
230. What made you feel good on this day, week or month?
231. What are you learning right now?
232. What’s your wildest dream?
233. What makes you unique?
234. How would you describe your best friend? How would your best friend describe you? 235. What would make you feel spiritually fulfilled?
236. What is noteworthy about your upbringing?
237. Who in your life is a hero? Why?
238. Write about a time you struggled with a choice.
239. Where in this world do you want to travel to?
240. Write about a jealous moment.
241. What is your hobby?
242. What belief do you hold on firmly?
243. Write about something minor that became a big deal.
244. Write about a time you were talked into something.
245. Did you ever forget something really important?
246. Write about being a misfit. A moment in time where you felt like you didn’t fit in. 247. Write about a time your parents embarrassed you.
248. I really hate it when ….
249. How forgiving are you when someone lets you down?
250. Describe you fight you had with someone you love.
251. Write about two things that your family taught you.
252. How do you know if someone loves you?
253. How do you know that you can trust someone?
254. What kind of day are you having? Why?
255. Free write about the first thing that comes to mind.
256. What do you like to do? How does it make you feel?
257. What do you consider to be your culture?
258. Do you have a philosophy of life?
259. Who is someone you miss? Why?
260. What is a mistake people often make about you?
261. What is something you disagree with about the way you were raised?
262. Write about an event that has changed you.
263. What is your idea of a dull evening?
264. What do you think the world needs now?
265. How do you want to feel every day in your life?
266. Describe a time you felt vengeful.
267. When was the last time you cried? Why?
268. Which is the least important to you? Money, power, fame and so on. Why?
269. Nothing can be worse than …
270. I felt the most inadequate when ….
271. Describe a dream that came true.
272. Everything went wrong…
273. How do you feel about being alone?
274. Dating is…
275. I’ll never forget when…
276. Write about a moment or time you were not authentic.
277. Do you hide your feelings? Why or Why not?
278. Did you ever hold an unpopular belief or opinion?
279. The world’s greatest feelings list
280. I am the one who…
281. I believe …
282. It makes me blush when …
283. I never forget the day when __________ (name/event) did ____________
284. What compliments have you given ou this past week?
285. Make a list of 30 things that make you smile.
286. The words I like to live by …
287. I couldn’t imagine living without …
288. When I am in pain (physical/emotional) the kindest thing I can do for myself is …
289. What does unconditional love look like?
290. I really wish others knew this about me…
291. What does “enough” mean to you?
292. What surprised you the most about your life?
293. Make a list of what inspires you.
294. Write the words you need to hear.
295. Make a list of what you need to say no to.
296. Make a list of what you need to say yes to.
297. Why does _____ drive me crazy?
298. I could never …
299. Free write about whatever comes to your mind.
300. Find a quote and make it your journal prompt.
301. What really matters most to me?
302. What’s on my mind right now?
303. Do something fun today and write about it.
304. Name something you lost or gave away that can never be replaced.
305. If I knew then what I know now.
306. Do you believe that everything happens for a reason?
307. What did you learn today?
308. Name something you would like to devote more time to.
309. Quality or Quantity?
310. What is your favorite time of the day?
311. I love my name because …
312. Good friends are people who …
313. It really puts me in a bad mood when …
314. What are you grateful for?
315. How you and your parents alike?
316. What have your parents taught you about money?
317. How much self-control do you have?
318. Are you hard or easy on yourself?
319. How do you perform under pressure?
320. How impulsive are you?
321. What annoys you?
322. What challenges have you overcome?
323. What are your survival strategies?
324. What’s cluttering up your life?
325. Write a thank you note to someone.
326. What do you need to forgive?
327. What is the best book you read? Why?
328. Why do you write?
329. What word do you overuse?
330. How do you feel about cursing?
331. What new skill do you want to learn? Why?
332. What are your long-term interests or passions?
333. What investment will you make for yourself?
334. What hidden talents do you have?
335. What is the most meaningful relationship in your life?
336. What do you think your clothing says about you?
337. What are your sleeping habits?
338. What is your comfort food?
339. What are your eating habits?
340. Do you love to cook? Why or Why not?
341. What are your holiday traditions?
342. What would you risk your life for?
343. No one in my family knows or remembers this …
344. When I was a child, I didn’t realize that…
345. When I witness my own life story, the patterns I see are…
346. Are you content?
347. What is your best memory of the year?
348. Can people change?
349. Tomorrow will be better because …
350. My house is a home because …
351. What was the last thing you apologized for?
352. What was the last new thing you tried?
353. What mood are you in today?
354. What is your superpower?
355. What rituals do you have or hold?
356. What do you like to do in your free time?
357. What is your current state of mind?
358. What is one of your life goals?
359. What is the best decision you ever made in your life?
360. Write about not being able to see ahead of you.
361. Write about something you don’t want to do.
362. Write about being quiet when you feel like shouting.
363. Write about the power you felt when you told someone no.
364. Free write about the first thing that comes to mind.
365. Turn to an entry in your journal from the beginning of the year. What has changed and what has stayed the same?
There is this thing that is happening that could hurt you, rather than help you.
And I see it everywhere and it’s a huge problem for those who want to create a life according to their own terms and in a way that feels good.
For those who consider themselves, introverts, heart-centered and are driven by service rather than money.
And that is the hustle.
They tell you to get up at the crack of dawn.
They tell you to stop watching television or Netflix.
They tell you to stop playing candy crush.
They tell you to stop focusing on this or that.
They encourage you to only focus on your business and work.
They assume that if you take a day or the weekend off, you are not a hustler.
And frankly, you don’t have to be one to be successful!
I believe that if you follow the hustle but it doesn’t resonate with you, that in the end, you end up hurting yourself.
Part of creating the life you want is to show up how you want to, be who you are and be of service in a way that feels amazing to you.
The hustle can hurt you if you
require some downtime to recharge your batteries
are stuck in the struggle of “what to do next”
are in resistance that can benefit of some surrender
you are an empath and/or an introvert
you neglect family in friends
There is a big part that is forgotten when people start talking about the hustle. It’s like the part of living is not remembered. That the only focus should be to work, work and then work some more.
But where is the fun? The part of where you are living your life rather than just existing?
And while this does work for some people, there are some of you that need the down time, that need a wee bit of distraction so that you cannot give everything of you to other people.
And the biggest challenges when others preach about the hustle is that you start to question yourself.
You begin to doubt yourself that you are not doing enough. That you are not giving enough. That you are not showing up enough. That you are doing it all wrong.
It feeds the monster of “not being enough”.
And in a world where fear of taking action due to self-imposed doubts due to past interactions and experiences, is doing a huge disservice.
It’s one of the big reasons, I am I talking about boundaries, self-care and creating your ideal week because I think it’s so incredibly important that you take care of your mental health in the process. And you have to fill your own well before you can be of service to others.
So, if you don’t align with the word hustle, know that you don’t have to.
You can do business and life alive in a way that feels good to you!
You can work as many hours as you like but don’t forget to live.
Don’t forget to do those things that you love to do that do not work or business related.
Don’t forget to have fun.
Don’t forget to be human.
If you like to shut your brain off for a bit playing candy crush, do so.
If you like to spend your weekend on the couch watching TV, do that.
If you like to go to bed at 11 pm and wake up at 7:30 am, do that.
If you like to take a nap in the middle of the day, do that.
Therefore, planning and knowing how you work is so important. This is where being a bit strategic about your actions and your week are incredibly helpful.
You can work on 3-5 most important actions 5 days a week and be as successful as you want to be!
The key to success is becoming self-aware of who you are and what you want to be, do and have,
There are many ways to be successful, you have to choose your own path!
Tell me, how does the word hustle make you feel? Inquiring minds want to know!
Now that you have a vision of your future of what you want to be, do and have, it’s time to refine some of your ideas. My favorite exercise to release all those ideas is to brainstorm. Looking at the vision you have created, what will help you get there.
Take 15-20 minutes to brainstorm some ideas. It doesn’t matter how small or big they are. Right now, it’s just about finding all the possibilities, personally and professionally.
Once you have all ideas jotted down, look at your list and see what gets you so excited that you are just about laughing or crying at the same time. Your heart is singing, your mind is going a million miles an hour. Also, take note of what feels crazy and insane and so far out of reach but wouldn’t it be amazing if that was a real thing?
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed with your list of ideas, and I will discuss setting a goal in the next section. But for now, take a deep breath and look at all those possibilities. All those ideas or just a few of those thoughts can help you create your vision. Some of them won’t even work at all or are not worthy of consideration. All of which is okay.
So, what do you do with all those ideas?
I like to rate them according to how I feel about them and level of importance. As you look at your brainstorming list, write a feeling word next to them. And then look at your list again and give it rate them to what feels most important.
As you are rating the priority of each possibility, consider:
What would it mean if you didn’t act on this idea?
What is the best or the worst thing that could happen?
What would it mean if you did take action on this idea?
How does it relate to your overall vision?
Don’t be afraid to compare each idea to the next. For example, if part of your vision is to write a book or take dance lessons, which one is more important? If you want to start a business and learn how to set boundaries, which is more important. Continue this until you reach that one thing you want to start right now.
This doesn’t mean you couldn’t start doing some of the other things, but focus on one goal and get started as you create your mind set on fire.