I only promote products & services I know will help you in your life and business
Let’s talk about your routine and how you can bring all the things you love into your own world.
If you been around here for a while, you know I am quite a multi-passionate person and I refuse to deny myself anything I love to do, just because people think it’s crazy.
And if you are filled with lots of ideas and interests it can be hard to embody them all, when people insist on focusing on that one thing. But the reality is we are multi-dimensional.
There was a time where I tried to do a little bit of everything every day but that wasn’t working too well because I would get caught up in an activity and was so involved in it that other things would fall to the wayside.
And there is something to be said about routine, you just get more done!
So, no matter how many interests you have, you can do them all if you include flexibility and clarity of everything you want to do. It really comes down to you, what you love to do and managing your time.
My motto is: You can have the cake and eat it too!
Creatives have the hardest time with routine and strategy but I promise when you work out what works for you, the better you can focus and create all the things.
So just to give you a glimpse of what I do:
I have a coaching business, artist business, apparel, and gift business.
I love writing and am working on a novel, freelance content writing, and blog often, including a food blog just for fun.
This often comes across as A LOT for other people. People who don’t really get me or know me, and I am totally okay with that. This isn’t for everyone. Some people are better off just focusing on one thing, I am not one of those.
So here is what I did:
I designated a day to specific business or activity.
- Mondays I am working on writing blog posts, course content, social media posts.
- Tuesdays is a day of writing my novel or freelance clients.
- Wednesday is my design day as well as blogging to share the story of how the design came about.
- Thursday is accountability call, food blog if I have a new recipe and other miscellaneous activities.
- Friday is art day which means I am focusing on my art business.
- Weekends are kind of free for all depending if we are doing family things or not. This often includes a money review and other administrative tasks.
I get most of my activities done in 3-4 hours, giving me enough room to
- connect with clients
- do the dreaded housework
- fun yard
- working out
- family time
Some of the activities I can do in the evening in front of the television, especially on days where I have several calls or networking activities going on.
Something that I find super important is to know how you work and create. Self-awareness is the best tool in doing all the things.
Since I know how long it takes me to write a blog post, I can estimate how long a week’s worth of posts will take me. Being able to hyper-focus on an activity for 2-3 hours really steps up the productivity in life and in business.
How do you create a routine that leaves you fulfilled?
- Create a list of all the things you want to do
- Write out what your ideal week would look like with all the things
- Schedule in the activities where it intuitively feels good
- Be open to adjusting as you play around with a routine that works for you
Let me know in the comments what you would like to do more off but haven’t made time for and how you can start creating that time!
Productivity Planner Printable
Download the Productivity Planner to stay focused and create your best week, every week!