Summer is my favorite season of the year. The sun is shining and fueling me with vitamin D, the thing I tend to miss when it’s the darker days of the year. Summer brings vibrancy to life and it asks of us to enjoy it to the fullest on the warm days and experience new things.
Here are 10 things to do during those warm summer days and coolish evenings.
1. Go for a walk and be fully present in the moment and try not to pay attention to your phone. As a matter of fact, leave it at home.
2. Go to the farmer’s market, maybe even try to go to a different market every weekend. Enjoy the route of getting there and take in the flowers, produce, and everything else that is available.
3. Go on a bike ride and depending on where you live, ride your bike everywhere.
4. Hike to a waterfall and/or a swimming hole. There is nothing better than swimming in the midst of nature.
5. Spend time in the downtown area, eat ice cream, window shop and maybe sit on a bench and just be.
6. Have a picnic with a loved one of friends at a park. Don’t forget to pack the frisbee or ball!
7. Have a friend with a boat? Go spend the day on the water. Don’t have a friend with a boat, go make one!
8.Have your friends over for fancy cocktails and have a small bonfire.
9. Lay under the stars with your best friend, share a laughter or three.
10. Go watch the sunrise at the ocean or on the mountain.
Tell me in the comments 10 more things that you can do to make it the best summer!